I renamed this super-simple version of Chicken Parmesan to help my son be open to it. It worked! The best part: these stayed perfectly moist, even on day 2. As always, try to incorporate vegetables into this. I didn't have room in the pan, but next time I'll probably try tossing chunks of bell peppers, onions and zucchini with the sauce in the pan, too.
- 3 large organic chicken breasts (about 3 pounds total)
- 1, 24-ounce jar pasta sauce
- ¼ cup organic Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. organic Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup organic shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash the chicken breasts and pat dry. Cut each breast into 2 equal parts.
- Combine the pasta sauce and ¼ cup Parmesan cheese in a 9 x 13-inch baking pan. Add the breasts and turn several times to coat completely.
- Cover the pan tightly with foil and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and an instant-read thermometer reads 170 degrees.
- Sprinkle remaining Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses over the chicken and bake an additional 5 minutes, uncovered.