Have you discovered the Instant Pot? Throw away your crock pot, pressure cooker and rice cooker! This amazing machine does it all. Here's a simple, tasty recipe to get you started. Adapted from KitchenStewardship.com.
- 1 cup lentils
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 4 cups water
- 2 tsp. Herbamare, season salt or bouillon powder
- 2 Tbsp. Mexican seasoning (mine didn't have salt in it)
- 1/2 tsp. salt (adjust downward if your Mexican seasoning has salt)
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper powder
- 1 large onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 bell pepper
- 1-2 carrots
- 1 can organic tomato paste
- OPTIONAL TOPPINGS: sliced olives, chopped avocados, shredded cheese, salsa, crumbled tortilla chips.
- Chop onion, garlic, bell pepper and carrots.
- Add chopped vegetables and remaining ingredients to the Instant Pot and stir.
- Secure lid on pot, making sure valve is closed.
- Set to pressure cook for 25 minutes and either quick release or natural release, according to the pot's instruction manual.
- Serve with optional toppings.